All the latest news and information from Chronoplex Software.
My Family Tree 6 now available
Today we are excited to announce the release of My Family Tree 6.
This release contains several commonly requested new features in the following areas:
- Name formatting
- Calendars and dates
- Save a copy
- Filtering and searching
You can see more detailed set of changes in the latest version history.
You can download My Family Tree 6 now from the latest updates page.
You can now customise the display of names
throughout the application, both at application level and individual
name level. You can choose from a list of common name formats
or specify your own.
Calendars and dates
You can now enter dates in one of 6 calendars (Gregorian, Julian,
Hebrew, French Republican, Persian (solar Hijri) and Islamic (lunar Hijri). Before common
era dates are now supported in all parts of the application
including the charts, statistics and reporting. Date pickers have been refined
to allow easier input of year only dates. You can choose to
display dates in their input calendar or display all dates in the same calendar application wide.
Save a copy
Creating copies of parts of your family tree is now simpler. You can now choose which individuals
to include in copies from a filterable list and use short cuts to include relatives, descendants and ancestors
or exclude a person from the copy.
Privacy options have been further enhanced to make it easier to exclude living people
and any other private information from all types of report, print out or copy of your family tree data.
Almost all GEDCOM 5.5/5.5.1/5.6 tags are now supported by My Family Tree and you can enable the GEDCOM import log to show any information which
cannot be imported. GEDCOM Export now supports extra options for privacy and choosing who to include in the file.
Filtering and searching
Filtering and searching now supports fuzzy matching including matching by
similar spellings and similar sounds. You can also ignore case, diacritics, symbols and kana type.
The new version is available now
Published 20 Aug 2016 18:00 GMT
GEDCOM Validator 5 now available
The latest version of GEDCOM Validator is now available.
Here's a summary of main new features and enhancements:
- Added detection of record sizes exceeding 32768 bytes.
- Added detection of inconsistent line terminators.
- Added detection of free-form only addresses.
- Added extra validation of structured and free-form addresses.
- Added multicolumn sort to result lists.
- Added option to hide large numbers of duplicate compatibility issues.
- Added display of parent record for detected compatibility issues.
- Added option to enable / disable all validation options of the same type simultaneously.
- Updated the encoding fixer tool to handle GEDCOM 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4 files.
- Updated length validation to use code units rather than characters.
- Improved work flow with new 'go to error', 'go to parent record', and 'open file in text editor' shortcuts with command line support for your preferred text editor.
Published 02 May 2016 00:00 GMT
My Family Tree 5 now available
After several months of development, we are pleased to announce that the next major release of My Family Tree is now available for download.
In this release, we have focused on developing smarter ways to present and edit information. Facts, places, relationship and citation views have all been redesigned to enable seamless viewing and editing experiences. Speed and performance have been significantly enhanced. This release is also adds official support for Windows 10.
Here's a summary of main new features:
- A new relationships view allows you to edit the members of family groups and make alterations to linked facts and people all in one place.
- Shared events such as marriages and divorces can now be added and updated from the facts view.
- Photos, attachments and videos have been merged into comprehensive multimedia view with improved support for tagging files.
- Multimedia can now be tagged to citations, facts and sources.
- You can now add a variety of witnesses to events.
- You can now edit all instances of the same citation collectively.
- You can now print multipage charts to a single pdf file.
- Merge has been redesigned to allow you to confirm or reject possible item matches.
- There are new options to save a copy of your family tree to a new file.
- A new kinship report enables you to see how every other person in your tree is related to a chosen person.
- Advanced users can now add custom ids to people.
- The charts can now be navigated using a mini map viewer.
- The user interface has been refined to support higher resolution icons on ultra high definition 4K displays.
- Find and replace has been updated to give clearer results and the options to filter out different types of data.
- Spell check has been updated to provide options to exclude certain types of text such as proper nouns and original text fields which would not normally require spell checking.
The new version is available now
Published 10 Nov 2015 00:00 GMT