Welcome to the Chronoplex Software Blog
All the latest news and information from Chronoplex Software.
My Family Tree 6 now available
Today we are excited to announce the release of My Family Tree 6.
This release contains several commonly requested new features in the following areas:
- Name formatting
- Calendars and dates
- Save a copy
- Filtering and searching
You can now customise the display of names throughout the application,
both at application level and individual name level. You can
choose from a list of common name formats or specify your own.
Calendars and dates
You can now enter dates in one of 6 calendars (Gregorian, Julian,
Hebrew, French Republican, Persian (solar Hijri) and Islamic (lunar
Hijri). Before common era dates are now supported in all parts
of the application including the charts, statistics and reporting.
Date pickers have been refined to allow easier input of year only
dates. You can choose to display dates in their input calendar
or display all dates in the same calendar application wide.
Save a copy
Creating copies of parts of your family tree is now simpler.
You can now choose which individuals to include in copies from a
filterable list and use short cuts to include relatives, descendants
and ancestors or exclude a person from the copy.
Privacy options have been further enhanced to make it easier
to exclude living people and any other private information from
all types of report, print out or copy of your family tree data.
Almost all GEDCOM 5.5/5.5.1/5.6 tags are now supported by My
Family Tree and you can enable the GEDCOM import log to show any
information which cannot be imported. GEDCOM Export now supports
extra options for privacy and choosing who to include in the file.
Filtering and searching
Filtering and searching now supports fuzzy matching including
matching by similar spellings and similar sounds. You can
also ignore case, diacritics, symbols and kana type.
The new version is available now.
Published 20 Aug 2016 18:00 GMT
GEDCOM Validator 5 now available
The latest version of GEDCOM Validator is now available.
Here's a summary of main new features and enhancements:
- Added detection of record sizes exceeding 32768 bytes.
- Added detection of inconsistent line terminators.
- Added detection of free-form only addresses.
- Added extra validation of structured and free-form addresses.
- Added multicolumn sort to result lists.
- Added option to hide large numbers of duplicate compatibility issues.
- Added display of parent record for detected compatibility issues.
- Added option to enable / disable all validation options of the same type simultaneously.
- Updated the encoding fixer tool to handle GEDCOM 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4 files.
- Updated length validation to use code units rather than characters.
- Improved work flow with new 'go to error', 'go to parent record', and 'open file in text editor' shortcuts with command line support for your preferred text editor.
Published 02 May 2016 00:00 GMT