Build your family tree the easy way with My Family Tree.
What is My Family Tree?
My Family Tree is a genealogy application for Windows®. It has been carefully designed to help you quickly create your family tree using a simple and intuitive interface. For those just starting out investigating their family history, it provides an easy way to visualise and share your family tree with photos, stories and basic facts about each person. More experienced genealogists will find full support for citations and evidence and options to transfer data using the GEDCOM file format.
Build interactive family charts with full support for multi touch pan and zoom. Use the novel date perspective feature for viewing charts at different points through history.
Highly compatible with GEDCOM supporting both import and export and full support for ANSEL text encoding.
My Family Tree has been translated into over 20 languages with spell check support for many more.
Scan documents and photos directly into your family tree. View, tag and print multimedia files directly from My Family Tree.
Print your tree as a large multipage tiled chart or save it as an image or pdf file.
Store all your family tree information, and multimedia in a single compact file for easier portability.
Check who's related to who with the relationship calculator and detect data discrepancies including ancestral loops.
My Family Tree allows you to protect and backup your data with encryption. You can use privacy settings to control the information exported in reports and print outs.
Geocode places in your tree and view where events happened on an interactive map. You can also export place information for use in advanced mapping services.
Advanced date input with full support for partial dates, date ranges and text only dates. Enter dates in one of 23 calendars and display them in a localised format.
- Windows operating system [details]
My Family Tree is compatible with:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista® (SP1 or later)
- Windows XP (SP3 only)
MacOS and Linux are not compatible..
- Microsoft® .NET Framework [details]
The following .NET versions are required:
- Microsoft .NET 4.7 or later for Windows 10 (1809), Windows 10 (1803), Windows 10 (1709), Windows 10 (1703), Windows 10 (1607), Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 SP1.
- Microsoft .NET 4.6.1 for Windows 10 (1511), Windows 10 (1503), and Windows 8.
- Microsoft .NET 4.6 for Windows Vista SP2.
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 for Windows 7 RTM, Windows Vista SP1, and Windows XP SP3.
- Minimum 1 GB memory.
- Minimum 20 MB hard disk space.
- Minimum 1024 x 768 display resolution.