The simpler way to check for problems in GEDCOM files.
What is GEDCOM Validator?
GEDCOM Validator is a tool for checking a GEDCOM file for problems which could lead to data loss when transferring files between different genealogy applications. Lots of genealogy products claim support for GEDCOM but often there are differences in the way each creates GEDCOM files. This means it is more important than ever for developers and users to be able to check GEDCOM files adhere to the specifications correctly. Now with GEDCOM Validator, you can check your files for problems and get in depth help on fixing any issues reported.
Check the validity of GEDCOM 5.5, 5.5.1 and 5.6 files. Search and save a list of all issues reported.
Search your device for GEDCOM files and view details on the GEDCOM version, text encoding and source program.
Detect and repair the text encoding of GEDCOM 1, 2.x, 3.0, 4.0 and 5.x files.
Decode Binary Large Object (BLOB) data and save as a file.
- Windows® operating system [details]
GEDCOM Validator is compatible with:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista® (SP1 or later)
- Windows XP (SP3 only)
MacOS and Linux are not compatible..
- Microsoft® .NET Framework [details]
The following .NET versions are required:
- Microsoft .NET 4.8 or later for Windows 10 (1607 and later), Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 SP1.
- Microsoft .NET 4.6.2 for Windows 10 (1511 and 1503).
- Microsoft .NET 4.6.1 for Windows 8.
- Microsoft .NET 4.6 only for Windows Vista SP2.
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 for Windows 7 RTM, Windows Vista SP1, and Windows XP SP3.
- Minimum 512 MB memory.
- Minimum 5 MB hard disk space.
- Minimum 1024 x 768 display resolution.