Frequently asked questions
Here is a list of frequently asked questions from users of GEDCOM Validator. It's updated regularly as new questions are received.
Which versions of Windows® are supported?
My Family Tree is compatible with the following versions of Windows:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista® (SP1 or later)
- Windows XP (SP3 only)
What is Microsoft® .NET and where do I download it?
Microsoft .NET is a software framework developed by Microsoft. When you start GEDCOM Validator, you will be prompted to install or update .NET if it isn't already on the system. You are urged to keep it up to date with the relevant security and performance updates. The following .NET versions are required:
- Microsoft .NET 4.8 or later for Windows 10 (1607 and later), Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 SP1.
- Microsoft .NET 4.6.2 for Windows 10 (1511 and 1503).
- Microsoft .NET 4.6.1 for Windows 8.
- Microsoft .NET 4.6 only for Windows Vista SP2.
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 for Windows 7 RTM, Windows Vista SP1, and Windows XP SP3.