The simpler way to check for problems in GEDCOM files.
What is GEDCOM Validator?
GEDCOM Validator is a tool for checking a GEDCOM file for problems which could lead to data loss when transferring files between different genealogy applications. Lots of genealogy products claim support for GEDCOM but often there are differences in the way each creates GEDCOM files. This means it is more important than ever for developers and users to be able to check GEDCOM files to ensure they adhere to the specifications correctly. Now with GEDCOM Validator, you can check your files for problems and get in depth help on fixing any issues reported.
- Check validity of GEDCOM 5.5, 5.5.1 and 5.6 files.
- Decode Binary Large Object (BLOB) data and save as a file.
- View brief statistics about your file.
- Save a list of issues detected.
- File type icon for GEDCOM files.
- In depth online and offline help with examples showing how to fix any issues reported.
- Fully accessible user interface with high contrast themes and the OpenDyslexic font.
Operating System requirements
- Microsoft Windows XP or later.
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 or later.
Minimum hardware requirements
- 256 MB memory.
- 2 MB hard disk space.
- 800 x 600 display resolution.