Validate your GEDCOM files.
GEDCOM Validator is a tool for checking a GEDCOM file with the GEDCOM specification. Lots of genealogy applications support GEDCOM but often there are differences in the way each application creates GEDCOM files which can lead to data loss when transferring information. Now with GEDCOM Validator, you can check your files to see if they adhere to the specification.
- Check validity of GEDCOM 5.5, 5.5.1 and 5.6 files.
- Decode Binary Large Objects (BLOB) data and save as a file.
- View brief statistics about your file.
- Save a list of issues detected.
- File type icon for GEDCOM files.
- In depth online help with examples showing how to fix any issues reported.