My Family Tree™
Build your family tree the easy way with My Family Tree.
What is My Family Tree?
My Family Tree is a free genealogy product for family historians. It has been carefully designed to help you quickly create your family tree using a clean and simple interface. For those just starting out investigating their ancestry, it provides you with a simple way to visualise and share your family tree with photos, stories and basic facts about each person. More experienced genealogists will find full support for citations and evidence and options to transfer data using the GEDCOM file format.
View all generations of your family in an interactive tree.
View family events in an interactive timeline.
Preserve precious family photos for future generations.
Add detailed notes and stories about your ancestors.
Filter, sort and edit family members in a convienient datagrid view.
Map where historic family events have occured.
View family events in world history.
Analyse birth, marriage and death statistics.
- Interactive and customisable family tree chart viewer.
- Add photos, videos and attachments to each family members.
- Record facts and events with evidence explained citations for each person.
- Multilingual user interface.
- Trace your family's movements using the map viewer.
- Filter, sort and edit all family members using the data grid.
- View all family events in a detailed interactive timeline.
- Analyse family statistics on births, deaths and marriages.
- Print multipage family charts.
- Scan documents and photos directly into the family tree.
- Create customisable reports to share on your website.
- Check your data for discrepancies including ancestral loops.
- Relationship, phonetics and date calculators.
- Full support for touch screen devices.
- Protect your data with encryption and privacy controls.
- Backup your family history data to portable device.
- On this day feature.
- Full support for ANSEL and LANSEL.
- Import GEDCOM 5.5, 5.5.1 and 5.6 files.
- Export valid GEDCOM 5.5, 5.5.1 and 5.6 files.
- Fully accessible user interface with high contrast themes and the OpenDyslexic font.
- Comprehensive online help.
Operating System requirements
- Microsoft Windows XP or later.
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 or later.
Minimum hardware requirements
- 512 MB memory.
- 10 MB hard disk space.
- 800 x 600 display resolution.
- A microphone is required for recording audio.
- Speakers or headphones are required for multimedia playback.
- Windows Media Player 11 or above is required for multimedia playback. Users of Windows XP may need to download this free update.
- An Internet connection is required to use the interactive map viewer.
- Google Earth is requiered to view place reports. It is free to download and use.
- Internet Explorer 8 or above is required for previewing and printing reports. Users should update their browser to the latest version available for their operating system.
- Touch, Sensors and Jump Lists are only available in Windows 7 onwards.